Friday, April 4, 2008

The Real College Life

When i was a child my parents would always tell me go to school and get good grades so you can go to college. Because unfortunately none of them got a chance to finish or even go to college,so they would hope that we all did good in school to go for them and us i guess.When i was in high school i was a gifted student and placed in AP classes i like the classes because they were small and i got to creat an real relationship with my teachers. I even went to Europe with one of them, Mr.Holmes he was my AP American History teacher. And college to me then was just getting out of high forever and i couldn't wait.So anyway once i started my seniorf year in high school this werid disease starting spreading all over campus, called Senioritis. It occured when a high school senior had been accepted into the college of their choice early and it was clear that they would graduate. The sympotoms included extreme tardiness to all classes, and strange disappearances around lunch time along with routine amounts of skipping wothout punishment if you were not caught. And i had it bad along with the rest of the AP Kids from my AP Physics classes, our attendance was better at the local IHOP nad Waffle House than in AP Literature.

Then college starts and my grandmother couldn't be happier and proud of me because really to tell you the truth i like and respect her more than my mom, she was never really there anyway. So i would work harder on my homework, quizzes and test just so that she could go around and tell all her friends how smart her granddaughter is. I also jioned the Soccer team, Newspaper,FBLA,TSA, and the Culture Club to ensure she would be proud. Because in a way i believe that she trying to live out her younger days through me, and i don't mind. So after GSU, I'm going into the Police force Atlanta PD to be exact.To in later years become a police detecive and work on homicides and other troubling investigative cases. But i really have to stop percuassionating and putting things off till the last minute, my GPA won't make if I don't get better.

But my reason for college is for both me and ny grandmother and i really hope that i can continue to make her proud.Because we both need alittle hope for the future.

No comments: