Sunday, April 13, 2008

Angel Eyes and the summer of 07

Angel Eyes by Beres Hammond is a reggae r&b song that my friend Tramanie hooked me on to. But not before my boyfriend had fell head first into the whole reggae, reggaton, and soca music subculture. So one day when we were having a fight or something or another and no one was really listening to anybody esle i had gotten upset about something and turned my head to leave. But he trapped me between the car and his body saying for me to look at him and i couldn't, then slowly emgering from the background was Angel Eyes. And like it or not this song brings back memories, some good and bad i kinda wanna cry alittle. Becausse i can almost relive the exact moment and that intense stare you gave me while this song played.I don't know why i was so wishy washy but this song makes me both very happy and kinda scared becuase with that stare i thought you could see through my soul and glance upon my demons. So i averted my eyes but you just picked up my chin and looked me in my eyes again and saw me broken alittle and crying. I felt so weak and stupid for letting my walls down in front of you but you teared up too and just kinda held me there. And i just placed my head in your chest and stared hoping to look through you and be with you that moment, that night and hipefully the next day. Yes this song takes me there, but now that we have parted does this song bring a bitter taste to my mouth. Not really it wasn't the song fault we didn't make it, it was yours. But thats besides the point the song is beautiful and evert time i hear it takes me back to our real good times together during our summer of passion, our summer 07.

No comments: